Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Apocalypse

Here is a commission that I did for the same client who asked me to do the Apocalypse piece not too long ago.  He loved the first one so much that he wanted another!  I said, "That's what I'm here for!"  So he sent me a photo of his baby Seth and asked if I would transform him to look like a baby version of Marvel's Apocalypse...and here's the piece:

I really love the way this turned out, aside from it being a baby version of Apocalypse, it's very different from anything else I've ever done.  Because of Apocalypse's skin tone being gray I chose to use a gray card stock to work on.  I think it ended up with a lot more depth and it forced me to work with my colored pencils differently.  This was also the first time I've used colored pencils for a portrait piece...it was a little nerve racking since you can't really erase colored pencils, I tackled it very slowly.  The whole time all I could think was, "Don't mess it up, don't mess it up!!!"  Let me know what you guys think!

No comments: