Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You're Munny

So...to recap from the last entry:  I bought some Kidrobot Munny vinyl D.I.Y. toys in hopes that I might have found another outlet for my art.  Here are the results of my experiments! 
First up is the one called Rooz (I think it's supposed to look like a kangaroo).  I created this little guy while watching "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus".  Watching that trippy movie, not knowing what I'm doing and painting this made for a deadly combination.  I'm not really sure what this is...boredom incarnate seems like...
That's right, there's a bird on his stomach tweeting out some tunes....

Up next is the true test of what I can do with these.  This time I decided to create Death from Neil Gaiman's graphic novels Sandman.  I used Super Sculpey for her hair, which became a headache after I pulled it out of the oven.  If I looked at it wrong it would break, so this means I had to break out the old Alene's glue.  I think I had to reattach least 5 strands of hair.  I will defiantly rethink about sculpting hair next time.
   
I think she turned out pretty cute...sassy look about her.  I'm the most pleased with how the paint turned out on her body.
Here's another angle:
So, what do you all think?  If you were to buy one from me, what kind of characters would you be looking for?

No comments: