Friday, February 5, 2010

Mural For Eli

My best friend Amy is having her first baby soon...very soon, and she asked me to do a mural for the nursery.  I, of course, was more than happy to do this.  I've really only done one other mural in my life (at my parent's house), but I've worked a lot with acrylics, so wasn't too nervous about the project.  It was still a good sized undertaking, but I was up for the challenge.  Out of all my works, be it portraits or paintings, this has got to be in my top five favorites.  I really love the way it turned out and I think Amy and her husband John were more than pleased with it.  Before starting the mural, Amy gave me her idea of having the two trees on either side of the crib and then she gave me some references for the little woodland critters.  The animals are actually on Eli's bedding, rug, window valence, and all the other cute things you need for a baby's new room.  After that info she let me run with it, and here are the results!!
 
  
A couple details put together:
 
 
  
 There it is!!!  I really hope that Eli loves it as much as I do!  Hopefully this will also generate more commissions for murals as well, because taking a break from pencil can be really nice sometimes. ^-^
 

No comments: