Wednesday, February 24, 2010

NEW PROJECTS

Besides needing to desperately finish some portraits for some friends and having to do my taxes, I've got some exciting new projects lining up.  First of all, Danny and I have quickly grown out of our currant house, so this means time to start thinking about getting into something bigger.  There's got to be A LOT of decluttering and removal of art, collectibles, and things like bicycles (yea, you read right) that not everyone can appreciate.  Since the movie posters have to sadly come down I need to add some other type of art.  After a brief look in some decorating stores in town I decided that it would be much cheaper for me to create the art...and more fun!  I've had some canvases sitting upstairs collecting dust for years that I'm going to use for some simple acrylic art pieces.  After doing the mural for Eli I realized how much I miss painting.  Like I said before, it never hurts to take a break from doing just one thing.
The second awesome project that I've got brewing is something for my brother.  He called me the other day to tell me about a website that he's creating for t-shirts.  He's asked me to do the designs for the t-shirts!  I won't get into what exactly he's wanting to do, because it will be a nice little surprise for later.  I'm really excited about this, because it's again something new and people will be wearing my designs!
Third, my good buddy Jen has convinced me to go forth and get a booth in artist alley for an upcoming convention.  I'm going to have to put the pedal to the metal with this one, because I really need a larger collection of things for people to chose from.  Most of what I've done so far has been mostly commission work, so any suggestions from you all out there is more than welcomed....What would you buy from a "no-name" pencil portrait artist?
So, that's it for right now.  I'll keep you all updated on the progress and I'll try to post "works in progress" as I go along.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tressa, I am so proud of the artist you have become. I am glad you are following what you love to do. I wish more people could take a page from your book.